Corralejo is one of the most popular holiday resorts in Fuerteventura, located on the northeastern tip of the island. Here’s what you need to know before you visit Corralejo.
What to Expect
Corralejo is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant nightlife. The resort has become a popular tourist destination over the years, thanks to its breathtaking scenery and excellent facilities.
One of the main attractions of Corralejo is its beaches. The town has several beaches, each with its unique charm. They are all ideal for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing, and it is also home to several restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Corralejo Natural Park: A protected area with sand dunes and beaches that stretch for miles.
- El Campanario Shopping Centre: A shopping center with restaurants, cafes, and boutiques.
- Acua Water Park: A water park with slides, pools, and attractions for all ages.
- Isla de Lobos: A small uninhabited island located just off the coast of the resort. Visitors can take a boat trip to explore the island’s natural beauty and wildlife.
- Playa del Moro: A popular beach located in the center of the resort with clear waters and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Corralejo Harbour: A bustling harbor with ferries and boat trips to nearby islands and attractions.
- Watersports: The resort is a hotspot for windsurfing, kitesurfing, and other water sports.
- Hiking: The surrounding natural park offers stunning hiking trails with beautiful views of the coast.
- Fishing: Visitors can go on fishing trips to catch fresh fish and experience the local culture.
- Cycling: The flat terrain and beautiful scenery make the resort a great destination for cycling enthusiasts.
Corralejo has a variety of restaurants and cafes serving traditional Canarian cuisine as well as international dishes. Fresh seafood is a popular choice with many restaurants offering catch of the day dishes.
Nightlife in Corralejo is famous for its bustling bars, clubs, and live music venues. The town has a lively atmosphere with many bars and clubs staying open until the early hours of the morning.
Corralejo has a wide range of accommodation options to suit all budgets. From luxurious resorts to budget-friendly hostels, visitors can find a comfortable place to stay that fits their needs.
Corralejo is easily accessible by car or public transport. The town is located approximately 40 minutes from Fuerteventura Airport by car. Public buses run regularly from the airport to Corralejo.
The best time to visit is from May to October when the weather is warm and sunny.