Ibiza is a world famous holiday island of the Balearics and one of the most popular holiday destinations in Spain. Ibiza is situated on the eastern part of the Spain mainland. Ibiza Old Town (Eivissa Dalt Vila) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ibiza offers great much to its visitors from its beautiful golden sandy beaches, unspoilt nature to intense nightlife.
Ibiza is divided into five main regions and municipalities that include;
- Ibiza (Eivissa) – the capital of Ibiza island with its walled area declared UNESCO World Heritage Site, located on the south of Ibiza, in the municipality of Ibiza (Vila). Ibiza city houses the main institutions of the island and offers all the necessary tourist services for the holidaymakers on their Ibiza holidays..
- Santa Eularia (Santa Eulària des Riu) – the second largest municipality of Ibiza located on the eastern part of the island and stands out on account of its fortified temple, the church of Es Puig de Missa and offers all the necessary services and leisure facilities for the holidaymakers on their Ibiza holidays.
- San Antonio (Sant Antoni ed Portmany) – the second largest town of Ibiza, one of the most touristic areas in Ibiza, located on the western coast, on a beautiful natural bay. San Antonio is a lively resort that is popular for its leisure and nightlife activities.
- Sant Josep (Sant Josep de Sa Talaia) – the municipality of Ibiza located on the southern part of the island. Sant Josep is the most extensive on Ibiza that has great number of beautiful beaches and bays spread through the 80 km. of coastline. Sant Josep also hosts the two protected natural parks of the island together with popular look-out towers and Es Vedra with spectacular views.
- Sant Joan (Sant Joan de Labritja) – is the municipality of Ibiza, the most rural Ibiza with the lowest number of inhabitants located on the north of the island and stands out on account of wildest landscapes and spectacular cliffs.
Things to do in Ibiza are endless. Ibiza is a world famous holiday island worthy of its wonderful nature, excellent beaches, intense nightlife and nightclubs.
- A great day out at the Ibiza beaches,
- a visit to Ibiza city, Eivissa Dalt Vila,
- a great night out at the popular Ibiza nightclubs,
- watching sunset at Sunset Strip (Ses Variades),
- a visit to interior San Antonio and see the charming villages and historical places,
- attending to daily boat trips,
- doing water sports,
- cycling along the beautiful paths of the island,
- a visit to Santa Eularia town centre, Es Puig de Missa, Ethnology Museum,
- a visit to popular hippy markets of Las Dalias and Punta Arabi.
- Ibiza beaches,
- the old town of Ibiza, Eivissa Dalt Vila,
- Ses Salines Natural Park,
- the Nature Reserves of Es Vedra, Es Vedranell and the western islets,
- San Antonio Bay and Sunset Strip (Ses Variades),
- Cap Blanc Natural Aquarium,
- the interior San Antonio,
- the charming villages and historical places,
- the Settlement of Balafia and Cova de Can Marça Cave,
- Santa Eularia town centre,
- Es Puig de Missa and Ethnology Museum,
- the popular hippy markets of Las Dalias and Punta Arabi
- the Port of Ibiza & La Marina district
Ibiza beaches are also excellent. Ibiza offers 210 km. of wonderful and numerous beaches with crystal clear waters that can be enjoyed for all year round thanks to its mild temperatures. A great day out at the Ibiza beaches, sunbathing and waters sports is also one of the best things to do in Ibiza.
No Regrets Booking Advice
Boat Trips & Parties
Ibiza has 200 kilometres of beautiful coastline with wonderful beaches and crystal clear waters that make the island an ideal place for water sports activities in Europe. Attending to boat trips in Ibiza is a great attraction for sea lovers.
Nightlife in Ibiza is very intense and world wide famous. Ibiza is like an entertainment island with its variety of world class nightclubs and discos, DJs, terrace bars and excellent nightlife activities for all year round. The nightclubs in Ibiza offer great music as well as great shows and entertainment.
Ibiza is a water sports paradise with a plethora of activities to suit all preferences and skill levels. With its translucent waters and captivating beaches, Ibiza has become an ideal location for water sports enthusiasts. With a broad spectrum of activities to choose from, Ibiza caters to everyone, whether you’re a novice or an experienced water sports enthusiast.
Outdoor Sports & Nature
Outdoor sports in Ibiza offer an adventure like no other, and the island’s stunning scenery makes it a perfect destination for anyone seeking a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Holidaymakers may do variety of great outdoor sports activities in Ibiza such as mountain bike and cycling, horseback riding, hiking, Nordic walking and golf to enjoy and get to know the island.
Eating out in Ibiza is very fantastic. Ibiza offers all the best world cuisines as well as Ibizan cuisine for the holidaymakers.
Traditional Spanish cuisine and fresh caught fish is the most popular treats of the island. Holidaymakers may also find all other famous cuisines of the world at the quality Ibiza restaurants in every holiday resorts in Ibiza.
Shopping in Ibiza is fantastic. Ibiza is very famous for its markets, craftwork as well as its cosmopolitan and multicultural character.
Holidaymakers may find variety of lively markets and shopping items in Ibiza. The markets of Ibiza attract tourists from all over the world. Ceramics, pottery, clothing, souvenirs and gifts and handicrafts are the most popular things to buy in Ibiza.
Festivals & Events
Ibiza is home to variety of lively festivals and events during the year. Holidaymakers may enjoy the Ibiza fiestas with its colourful streets, stands, craft markets, folklore dance, shows and more.
On our visual Ibiza pages, you may find and discover the best of Ibiza holidays for your needs such as best things to do, best sights, best beaches, best holiday resorts, best of nightlife, shopping and eating out activities, best museums and more… You may plan your Ibiza holidays regarding our travel guide pages. We wish you a wonderful Ibiza holidays full of joy and happiness…