Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Sant Feliu de Guixols is a popular coastal town in Costa Brava, in the municipality of Baix Emporda, situated on a bay dominated by the Sant Elm headland, an excellent look-out point, on the north eastern coast of Spain, about 113 km. from Barcelona Airport and 30 km. from Girona Airport. It is one of the most exclusive areas of the Costa Brava.
The Benedictine monastery with its Porta Ferrada known as Iron Gate is the spectacular landmark of the town. Holidaymakers may find numerous hotels and apartments here.
Things to Do & See in Sant Feliu de Guixols…
Things to do and see in Sant Feliu de Guixols are endless. Popular attractions and sights include;
- The sandy beach of Sant Feliu de Guixols,
- the seafront promenade,
- water sports, cycling, hiking,
- Gothic church belonging to the old Benedictine monastery with the well-known Romanesque iron gate of Porta Ferrada (main site to Catalonia’s oldest arts festival,
- the “Porta Ferrada International Festival” of music, dance and theatre),
- History Museum,
- look-out point of Cap de Mort and enjoying the scenery.
Popular beaches include; the Sant Feliu de Guixols and Sant Pol beaches are the popular beaches of the town.
Top Attractions & Sights in Sant Feliu de Guixols for you…
Sant Feliu de Guixols beach