Costa Calma is one of the most popular holiday resorts in Fuerteventura, located on the south coast of the island, at the beginning of the Jandia peninsula. Costa Calma is a perfect destination for those seeking a relaxing beach holiday with stunning views, clear waters, and a tranquil atmosphere. The resort is also popular mostly by beach and windsurfing lovers.
What to Expect
If you are looking for a peaceful and laid-back holiday, Costa Calma is the perfect destination for you. The resort boasts of long stretches of sandy beaches, clear turquoise waters, and tranquil atmosphere.
Costa Calma is famous for its stunning beaches. Playa de Sotavento, one of the most popular beaches, is located to the south of the town and stretches for over 20 km. Its white sand, crystal-clear waters, and calm waves make it a perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and watersports like windsurfing and kitesurfing.
Playa Esmeralda, on the other hand, is a smaller but equally beautiful beach located in the town center. It is ideal for families with children as the waters are shallow and calm.
Apart from lounging on the beach, there are several activities you can enjoy in Costa Calma. Windsurfing and kitesurfing are the most popular activities due to the strong winds in the area.
You can also try your hand at scuba diving and snorkeling to explore the vibrant marine life. The town also has a water park, Acua Water Park, which is perfect for families with children.
No Regrets Booking Advice
Here are some of the top tours and activities to enjoy in Costa Calma:
- Kitesurfing and windsurfing: The strong winds and clear waters make Costa Calma a perfect spot for kitesurfing and windsurfing. Visitors can take lessons from certified instructors and rent equipment from various rental shops along the beach.
- Snorkeling and diving: Costa Calma’s clear waters and diverse marine life make it a popular spot for snorkeling and diving. Many tour operators offer guided snorkeling and diving tours.
- Boat tours: Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the stunning coastline of Costa Calma and nearby islands. Many tours include stops for swimming, snorkeling, and even dolphin watching.
- Quad bike tours: Visitors can explore the rugged terrain of Fuerteventura on a quad bike tour. Many tours include stops at scenic spots and viewpoints.
- Hiking and cycling: Costa Calma has a range of hiking and cycling trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. Visitors can explore the nearby mountains and forests on foot or by bike.
When it comes to dining, there are several restaurants and cafes in Costa Calma that offer a range of international and local cuisine.
There are several shopping centers including the Centro Comercial Bahia Calma and the Sotavento Shopping Center. You can find a range of shops selling clothes, souvenirs, and local handicrafts.
Nightlife and Dining
Although not known for its nightlife, Costa Calma has a few bars and clubs where you can enjoy some drinks and music. The town has a variety of restaurants and cafes serving traditional Spanish dishes like paella, tapas, and fresh seafood.
Costa Calma has a range of accommodation options to suit every budget. There are luxury hotels like H10 Tindaya and SBH Monica Beach Resort, as well as budget-friendly options like R2 Rio Calma Hotel and Esmeralda Maris.
The easiest way to get to Costa Calma is by flying into Fuerteventura Airport and then taking a taxi or renting a car to reach the town. It is located around 65 km from the airport and takes approximately an hour to reach.