Puerto del Rosario is the capital city of the island of Fuerteventura, and it serves as the administrative and commercial center of the island. The city is well connected to other parts of the island and the world, thanks to its efficient transportation network that includes air and sea travel. Here is a guide on how to get to Puerto del Rosario by air and sea, along with some tips to make your journey easier and more comfortable.
Puerto del Rosario is served by the Fuerteventura Airport (FUE), which is located approximately 6 kilometers south of the city center. The airport operates daily flights to and from several European cities, including Madrid, Barcelona, London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, among others.
From the airport, you can take a taxi or bus to reach the city center. Taxis are readily available outside the terminal, and the fare to Puerto del Rosario is around €12-15, depending on the time of day and traffic.
Alternatively, you can take the Line 3 bus that runs between the airport and Puerto del Rosario every 30 minutes from 7 am to 10 pm. The bus fare is around €1.45.
Puerto del Rosario is also a major port on the island, with regular ferry connections to other Canary Islands and mainland Spain. The ferry terminal is located in the heart of the city, and it offers daily services to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Huelva, and Cadiz, among others.
If you’re coming from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, you can take the Naviera Armas ferry that operates daily services between the two cities. The journey takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the type of vessel, and the fare ranges from €30 to €50, depending on the season and type of accommodation.
If you’re coming from Tenerife, you can take the Fred Olsen Express or Naviera Armas ferry that offer daily services between the two islands. The journey takes around 2-3 hours, and the fare starts from €30, depending on the season and type of accommodation.
- Book your flights and ferry tickets in advance to get the best deals and avoid last-minute hassles.
- Check the luggage allowance and restrictions of your airline or ferry company before you travel.
- Keep your travel documents, including passport, visa, and tickets, handy during your journey.
- If you’re traveling with children or seniors, make sure to inform your airline or ferry company in advance to request special assistance.
- Pack light and carry comfortable clothing and footwear, especially if you’re planning to explore the city on foot.