Zoo Aquarium de Madrid is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Madrid. With so much to see and do, Zoo Aquarium de Madrid is a must-visit destination for animal lovers of all ages. Here we’ll take a look at what to expect from your visit, what to see, visiting tips, tickets and guided tours for Zoo Aquarium de Madrid.
What to Expect?
This world-renowned zoological park and aquarium is home to over 6,000 animals from 500 different species. It is also one of the best theme parks in Madrid. You can experience the thrill of seeing exotic animals up close, including lions, tigers, elephants, gorillas, dolphins, and many more. The park also features a large aquarium with a vast array of marine life, including sharks, rays, and sea turtles.
Apart from the wide range of animals, the park has a number of exhibits and shows that are sure to leave visitors amazed. The Dolphinarium is a particularly popular attraction, where visitors can watch dolphins perform amazing tricks and stunts.
The Sea Lion Show is another highlight, where visitors can watch sea lions perform amazing acrobatics.
Another highlight of the park is the giant panda exhibit, which is home to one of the largest collections of pandas outside of China. Visitors can watch these amazing animals as they play and interact with each other in a naturalistic environment.
The park also has a number of interactive exhibits where visitors can learn about the animals and their habitats.
No Regrets Booking Advice
The Aquarium is home to a wide variety of marine life, including sharks, stingrays, and octopuses. Visitors can walk through the shark tunnel and see these amazing creatures up close.
The zoo is open every day of the year from 10:30 AM to 6 PM. The aquarium is open every day from 10:30 AM to 7 PM.
The prices for tickets vary depending on the type of ticket and age group. Here are the prices for some of the ticket options:
- Adult ticket (ages 8-64) for both the zoo and aquarium: €26.90
- Child ticket (ages 3-7) for both the zoo and aquarium: €21.90
- Senior ticket (ages 65+) for both the zoo and aquarium: €21.90
- Combo ticket for just the zoo or aquarium (adult): €19.90
- Combo ticket for just the zoo or aquarium (child/senior): €16.90
Book Zoo Aquarium de Madrid Ticket Online
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
- By metro: Take line 10 to Casa de Campo station, which is right outside the zoo.
- By bus: Buses 33, 65, and 138 all stop at the zoo.
- By car: There is a large parking lot available for visitors to the zoo.
- The zoo is very large and can take several hours to explore fully, so plan accordingly.
- The aquarium is a separate section of the zoo, so be sure to allocate time to visit it as well if you purchase a combo ticket.
- There are several restaurants and snack bars throughout the zoo where you can purchase food and drinks.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring their own food or drinks into the zoo, but there are picnic areas outside the zoo where you can eat your own food.
- Some of the animals have specific feeding times, so be sure to check the schedule so you don’t miss any of these special moments.