Here you can read our guide guide on sailing in Gran Canaria, including the popular marinas and ports, best sailing tours with insider advice. Sailing is one of the best attractions for sea lovers. Gran Canaria is an ideal destination for sailing lovers and the island offers great opportunities both under canvas or powered.
Marinas and Ports
There are six marinas and yacht basins in Gran Canaria and they offer about 2,500 berths for pleasure craft of all types. The excellent sailing conditions of Gran Canaria with great weather and steady winds make the island home to a number of world and Olympic champions in different sailing categories.
In addition; the strategic position of the island, on the transatlantic route, being the intermediate point on the Gulf Stream as it flows westward from Europe to America.
This makes it an obligatory rest stage for the various international races, such as the prestigious ARC (Atlantic Rally for Cruisers).
Along with Puerto de Mogan, Pasito Blanco and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Puerto Rico are the perfect ports for the holidaymakers looking to sail along the beautiful coastline of Gran Canaria.
All four harbours have berths for pleasure craft, plus all necessary ancillary services such as fuel, electricity, running water, slip docks, workshops, restaurants, supermarkets and more.
Puerto Deportivo Pasito Blanco
Located on the south coast of Gran Canaria, this marina offers excellent facilities for sailors, including a boatyard, fuel station, and 24-hour security.
Puerto Rico Marina
Situated on the southwest coast of the island, this marina has 525 berths and offers a wide range of services, including a chandlery, repair shop, and restaurants.
Las Palmas Marina
This marina is located in the heart of the city and is one of the largest in the Canary Islands. It has 1,200 berths and offers a range of services, including boat rental and repair.
Top Sailing Spots
Gran Canaria has a diverse coastline, with plenty of hidden coves and secluded beaches to explore. Here are some of the top sailing spots on the island:
Anfi del Mar
This beautiful beach on the south coast of Gran Canaria has crystal clear waters and is surrounded by towering cliffs. It’s a great spot for swimming, snorkeling, and sailing.
This charming fishing village on the southwest coast of the island has a picturesque harbor and is a popular destination for sailors. The surrounding waters are home to a variety of marine life, including dolphins and whales.
Puerto de las Nieves
Located on the northwest coast of Gran Canaria, this pretty fishing village has a natural harbor and is surrounded by rugged cliffs. It’s a great spot for exploring the island’s wilder side.
Sailing Schools and Charters
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced sailor, there are plenty of options for sailing lessons and charters in Gran Canaria. Here are some of the top schools and charters on the island:
Blue Water Diving
This diving and sailing center in Puerto Rico offers sailing lessons and charters for all levels, as well as scuba diving trips and other water sports.
This sailing school in Las Palmas offers a range of courses, from beginner to advanced, as well as skippered and bareboat charters.
This charter company in Pasito Blanco offers a range of sailing boats and catamarans for hire, as well as skippered and crewed charters.
Top Selling Sailing Tours in Gran Canaria
- Gran Canaria Catamaran – This sailing tour offers a luxurious experience on a spacious catamaran. Guests can enjoy a swim, snorkel or simply relax on deck while taking in the beautiful views.
- Blue Explorers – Blue Explorers offers sailing excursions to different parts of Gran Canaria, such as Anfi del Mar, Puerto de Mogán, and Pasito Blanco. The tours include snacks and drinks and offer the opportunity to spot dolphins and other marine life.
- Canary Boat Trips – This sailing tour takes you along the southwest coast of Gran Canaria, where you can see rugged cliffs and stunning beaches. Guests can also enjoy a swim and snorkel in the clear waters.
- Canarias Catamaran – Canarias Catamaran offers sailing tours on a spacious catamaran, including sunset tours and dolphin watching tours. The tours depart from the marina in Puerto Rico and include snacks and drinks.
- Blue Magma Sailing – Blue Magma Sailing offers private sailing tours with a professional skipper. Guests can customize their itinerary and choose to visit places such as Puerto de Mogán or the secluded beach of Güi Güi.
Here we only suggest the proven ways and top rated ones with travelers’ comments. You can feel free to book one of the below top selling tours.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts